A mixture of pitted prune, apricots and dark chocolate chunks, encased in a moist chocolate butter cake.
Orange Cranberry Travel Cake
Plump & juicy cranberries soaked in orange juice, in a buttery orange scented cake.
The Anchor Travel Cakes were created by Anchor Food Professionals Pastry Chefs using Anchor Tinned Butter which is made from pure and natural dairy from grass-fed cows in New Zealand. The aromatic, soft and smooth premium butter, is perfect for all of your baking needs.
Take your cake up a notch by serving the Travel Cake as cake pops, served with ice cream or even glazed it with chocolate for a personal touch.
Chocolate Prunes Lollipop
Homemade Pastry Cream
500g UHT Full Cream Milk
125g Caster Sugar
100g Egg Yolk (or 5 nos Egg Yolk)
40g Custard Powder
50g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Bring the milk and vanilla pod
vanilla essence) to a boil. (
- In a mixing bowl, mix caster sugar and egg yolk together. Add in custard powder and mix until well-combined.
- Pour hot milk into the egg mixture and mix well. Transfer the mixture back into the pot and continue to cook till thickened and bubbling.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and add in butter immediately. Mix well.
500g Homemade Pastry Cream
125g Anchor Unsalted Butter (softened, room temperature)
- Bring the pastry cream to room temperature.
- Mix pastry cream in a mixer with whisker until smooth.
- Add in the softened butter and mix till smooth and well combined.
Dark Chocolate Glaze
500g Dark Couverture 58%
50g Canola Oil
35g Roasted Almond Nibs
- Melt dark
using couverture . double boiler
- Remove from heat and mix in canola oil and roasted almond nibs.
- Cut the cake into small rectangular slices and insert a popsicle stick.
- Spread the top of the cake slice with diplomat cream. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until the cream is set.
- Dip the cake lollipop into the dark chocolate glaze.
- Shake off the excess chocolate before placing it to set on a parchment paper.
- Decorate as desired.
The Anchor Travel Cakes will be available in over 57 outlets namely
- RT Pastry House (Klang Valley)
a bijoux (Klang Valley) boite
- Thyme Bakery and Trendy Bakery (Klang Valley)
Sayang (Kedah) Kek Savour (Penang) @ Bread History
- The Baker's Hut (Perak)
- Born & Bread (Perak)
- Happy Angel's Cake (Perak)
- Seremban Toast House (Negeri Sembilan)
- Baker's Ville (Johor)
- Walnut Bakery (Sabah)
Cake House (Sarawak) Taka
- MA Baker (Sarawak)
- Farley Bakery (Sarawak)
*Please note that the Anchor Travel Cakes will vary in presentation, size or packaging based on each bakery's unique customer preference.
From 1st December 2016 to 31st January 2017, with every purchase of two travel cakes, Anchor Food Professionals will be giving away a set of designer dessert spoons. Time to put on your thinking caps and start personalizing your Travel Cake as a gift perfect for the upcoming gifting season.