This year, SCORE returns to shake up the local running scene with their annual signature running event debuting the first ever full-length marathon. Can you believe that the event is half-a-decade old already? Inspired to cultivate a healthier lifestyle for all, this year's SCORE theme is none other than #ConquerTogether, a nod to the runners who've grown together alongside the event since its inception.
SCORE Marathon 2019 comprises of two parts, Run The Night (5km, 10km, 21km and 42km routes) and Run The Day (5km, 10km and 21km routes). The upcoming Run The Night is set to take place on 13 April 2019, whilst Run The Day will happen on 28 July 2019. Will you embrace the dark side and sprint through the cool, concrete jungle of Dataran Putrajaya? Or is running bathed in sunshine amidst KL Sports City's picturesque backdrop of old and new landmarks excites you more? Better still, conquer both and break your own limits! There will also be traditional performances, local food trucks serving Malaysian favourites and 'Fancy Traditional Dress Contest' offering cash prizes up for grabs.
To commemorate SCORE Marathon 2019, SCORE Marathon is proud to introduce the signing of 9 renowned running athletes as the Brand Ambassadors namely :
- Nadzrye Aziz - A super competitive person with over 400 medals up to date, his running journey has been many, but none as priceless as when he runs to inspire and encourage others.
- Faiz Matfo - As a fitness coach, running will always be his first love. For someone who had to battle chronic asthma and weight gain, running healed him and make him realise that the only way to win in life is to stay active and keep running.
- Azrul Hussin - Better known as Deo, he had joined 88 marathon races taking him to Barbados, South Africa, the UK, France, Thailand and New Zealand, just to name a few. He is well-known in both road and trail scenes in Malaysia.
- Kartini Ahmad Kamal - Hails from Sandakan, Sabah, she started her running journey in 2012 despite never envisioning herself of ever becoming one. It was her extreme love for food that changed her path in life. An accomplished and dedicated runner today, Kartini has recently completed her 50th marathon.
- Aizat Yanan - Within the span of 8 years, he has completed 18 Ultras, 52 Full Marathons and 42 Half Marathons. To showcase his excitement for run, he loves wearing fancy and funky headgears and costumes during his runs.
- Jean Chia - Affectionately known as Energizer Jean and currently a sports trainer, Jean is a well-known fitness model and a role model as she has a heart for the less fortunate. She continues to do outreach on her free days and models for social cause.
- Jeff Lau - Meet Malaysia's Youngest Ultra Marathon Runner who had conquered 5 world toughest ultra-marathons around the world, as well as wrote a book about his life as an ultra-runner. Despite his stunning achievements, conquering what seems to be defeating terrains, he has shown the world that running for a good cause is the fuel to his fire in life.
- Sue Teoh - Being a Malaysian National triathlete, her achievements through the years have been many, but her best effort was in the 2015 Port Dickson International Triathlon where she was the first Malaysian woman to complete the race in 2 hours 15 minutes. A certified Running Coach and in her many races, Sue showed us that great effort and determination does pay off.
Among the best in the running community, all of them are an epitome of strength, passion and dedication, exemplary figures to talk about the importance of health and well-being.
Meanwhile, the Bronze sponsor for SCORE Marathon 2019, FUTURO, a company with 100 years of knowledge and experience with compression technology and over 50 years of healthcare innovation to provide uncompromised quality in every product. In line with their corporate mission, they empower everyone to live an active lifestyle. The key sponsors for SCORE Marathon 2019 include PRIME (Official Apparel Sponsor), Edifier (Official Earphone sponsor), Nestle Fitnesse and Nestle Milo, African Sea Coconut, Men Biore, Nature's Way, Rhymba Hills Tea and Betadine.
As part of their CSR initiative, SCORE also invited selected primary schools within Klang Valley to join the run to motivate and inspire everyone to lead a healthier lifestyle.
For more information, please visit the official website www.score.my or visit www.heyjom.com to register for the run.