The Mid-Autumn Festival is a time for family reunion, where the whole family gets together, gazing at the bright moon while enjoying mooncakes. Nothing beats celebrating the silver harvest moon of the eighth lunar month over delectable mooncakes from The Westin Kuala Lumpur. Thanks to the kind invitation from The Westin Kuala Lumpur, we not only had the pleasure to sample all 7 types of divine traditional baked mooncakes offering this year but a rare opportunity to try our hands at making mooncakes.
From the dough to the fillings, all the ingredients for mooncakes are made from scratch. The dough was kneaded, shaped and divided into portions.
- Pearl of Prosperity (all time favourite) - Fragrant pandan mung beans paste with single yolk.
- Supreme Mixed Nuts - Assorted nuts, a hint of savoury from chicken floss, dried scallops, seafood sauce and grilled chicken meat, what's not to like? Such a tasty quirky twist!
- Red Bean Paste - Sweet and luscious red bean paste.
- Low Sugar Plain White Lotus Paste - Rich and smooth lotus paste, most importantly not too sweet, perfect for the health conscious.
- Low Sugar Plain White Lotus with Single Yolk - Rich and smooth lotus paste with single yolk.
- Green Tea Cranberries - For a unique twist, the delightful green tea lotus paste infused with tangy cranberries will surely satisfy you. Highly recommended!
- Pearl of Harmony - An exclusive concoction filled with a smooth rich blend of lotus paste, mung beans paste, black sesame paste and white sesame paste with single yolk.
Premium LED Light Box RM168 (Any 4 flavours)
Specially made with the notion of family attachment and kinship in mind, Westin mooncakes packaged beautifully in a personalised boxes that can be turned into a LED light box. As it is the festival of reunion, the exterior of the gift box crafted with a family conceptual pictures carries the value of family attachments. Colourful bright light symbolised the beautiful family and life, this is definitely a gift box to be treasured.
YUE Bluetooth Speaker Incorporated Treasure Box RM148 (Any 4 flavour)
Typically offered between families, friends and colleagues, Westin mooncakes packaged in unique and bespoke gift boxes make the perfect gifts during this euphonic season of love and laughter. Designed with the concept of reminiscing old times, the elegant YUE mooncake gift box is presented in 2 distinctive traditional outlooks with a modern twist. Regardless of the genre one prefer, music always works wonder as a therapeutic time machine and bring sweet memories back. This multi-functional gift box comes incorporated with a set of Bluetooth speaker allowing customers to play their preferred tracks as they relish on the exquisite Westin mooncakes.
Available from now until 30th September 2018, Westin Mooncakes can be purchased and picked up from Five Sen5es (Level 1) between 12pm to 2.30pm or from 6pm to 9.30pm. Alternatively, you can purchase the mooncakes online and pick them up at The Concierge anytime. In addition, the mooncakes can also be sent for in-room dining for in-house guest who purchases the Westin mooncakes. From 6th September to 24th September 2018, you can also purchase Westin Mooncakes at the popular Mid Valley Megamall's Mid-Autumn Festival (GF, South Court).
- Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG), Beyond & Club Marriott members receive 10% discount from the selling price of all three boxes.
- Credit card holders of Maybank, Citibank, CIMB, Hong Leong Bank, HSBC and UOB will receive 10% discount.
- Bulk purchase discount -
15% for purchasing 51 to 100 boxes
20% for purchasing 101 to 150 boxes
25% for purchasing 151 to 200 boxes
30% for purchasing above 201 boxes
*Prices are subject to change based on Sales & Service Tax (SST) implementation by 1 September 2018
For more information or to make bookings, kindly call 03-2773 8338 or email email@example.com