Hi lovelies! Happy Lunar New Year.
So what is your New Year's resolution? If your resolution is to be healthier, it's time to make some lifestyle changes such as eating a healthier diet, going green to save the planet and choosing to use products that contain natural ingredients over synthetic ones.
However, taking the first step is always the hardest! Thus, Mamonde has put together a Pomegranate Rejuvenation Guide to help you
Packed with a multitude of vitamins and antioxidants, pomegranates are known for their health benefit. Getting the recommended daily dose of vitamins is important for our immune system to stay healthy and strong, which in turn helps us stay in the pink of health.
Here are the three essential steps in the Mamonde Pomegranate Rejuvenation Guide:
Eat A Pomegranate Rich Diet
Often touted as a popular
, pomegranates are not only rich in vitamins and antioxidants but also
delicious! Incorporating pomegranate into everyday recipes is a quick and easy
way to give your meals a nutritional boost. Some of the essential vitamins that
we need daily are Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin K, which are all found in
pomegranates. These vitamins play a key role in ensuring that our body stays
healthy. Pomegranates are also high in superfood and potassium, which helps promote
a healthy digestive system. fibre
Healthy Pomegranate Recipes
Appetizer: Whipped Feta & Avocado Crostini with Pomegranate
(Recipe via Ambitiouskitchen.com)
2 large avocados (sliced)
4 ounces crumbled feta or goat cheese
2 limes (juiced)
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 medium pomegranate)
1 loaf French baguette (whole grain, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices)
Olive oil cooking spray
1 garlic clove (cut in half)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Rub each slice with raw garlic and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges turn a slight golden brown.
2. While the
crostini are baking, prepare the
whipped avocado feta. Add the avocado slices, feta cheese, lime juice and
cilantro to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. If necessary,
add a tablespoon of water to thin out the batter. Add salt and pepper, and
process again. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
3. Spoon onto
crostini slices, then top with a
few pomegranate seeds. Makes 16 crostini.
Main Course: Pomegranate Chicken Salad
(Recipe via Paleoflourish.com)
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 cup chicken meat, shredded (or 1 chicken breast cooked and diced)
1 avocado, sliced
225g spinach or other salad greens
Sea salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
2 orange segments (optional)
1. Mix the juice from the 2 orange segments together with 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Toss the dressing together with the chicken meat, spinach, and sea salt.
on the pomegranate seeds add the
avocado slices on top.
Dessert: Pomegranate Yogurt Parfait
(Recipe via Spoonfulofflavor.com)
3 cups Greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups granola clusters
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Chocolate chips as desired
1. Combine the yogurt and the honey in a small bowl and blend thoroughly.
2. Using 16-ounce glasses, spoon 1/3 cup of the yogurt-honey mixture into each glass.
3. Top with 1 tablespoon of the pomegranate seeds. Then spoon 3 tablespoons of the granola on top of the pomegranate seeds. Repeat the layering process again with the remaining yogurt, pomegranate and granola. Add chocolate chips, as desired. Serve immediately. Makes 4 parfaits.
2 Stay Hydrated
It is important to always stay hydrated, especially in the hot weather. Not only does pomegranate juice and tea provide hydration, they also deliver an abundance of nutritional benefits. Besides that, pomegranate tea helps the body to expel toxins and has soothing properties. Drinking tea has also been proven to help increase your metabolism which helps you feel more energized throughout the day. Couple that with at least 2.5
litres of water per day!
3 Skincare Is Essential
Give your skin some pomegranate goodness with the Mamonde Red Energy Recovery Serum. The Red Energy Recovery Serum is formulated with pomegranate flower and fruit which are known to have a high content of
polyphenol and phytoestrogen as well as Vitamin B and
C, which are powerful antioxidants that help revitalize the skin.
The Red Energy Recovery Serum works in 3 ways:
1) Strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier and
self-defence system for healthy and supple skin.
2) Boosting the skin turnover cycle by bringing the cellular turnover cycle back to normal thereby improving the skin’s texture.
and hydration to give the skin a healthy, dewy look.
With a smooth glide-over liquid barrier technology, the serum’s structure consists of a multi-layered lipid membrane that is formed on the skin’s surface to prevent damage and loss of moisture, making it the next ideal step of a
skincare routine after toner.